Well, hello - and happy December! Time has flown. I took some time to continue recovering from the transplant but then we set off for a trip to chase the fall colors and be with many people we care deeply about. I'll paste our Christmas letter below for a few more details on that. But first... Before we left, I met with the oncologist in Denver (Dr. Haverkos) and shared that I was feeling some familiar swollen lymph nodes. He was uncharacteristically reassuring - stating that they could be from my having some recent dental work done. I've gotten pretty good at putting things out of my mind through this whole thing - and going back to what has helped me the most - relying on the fact that the God of the Universe knows how this whole thing (and everything) turns out. And that He is for us. So we went on our trip and it was magnificent! We got home and I did dread getting the PET scan. I vowed to myself I wouldn't look at it until after Andy's mom's memorial we were...
So....it's been a minute. It was hard when we came home from the apartment about 3 months after transplant. I expected to feel better. Some weeks later I realized I was finally feeling more normal. The yucky edgy feeling in my body had lifted. I think Andy (hip replacement shortly after I came home) and I became actually euphoric for a bit - there is nothing like relief from pain to make you feel great! Emotionally it has been nice to leave cancer behind in a way I haven't been able to do for so many years. I think that is why I haven't been updating here for so long. I just celebrated the 6 month post transplant milestone. I had a PET scan about two weeks ago. I saw on the portal that some of the old lymph nodes on my neck were showing up again. We cancelled the scheduled removal of my port. We met with the T-cell Lymphoma specialist (Haverkos) remotely a few days ago. He is wondering if the lymph nodes are from my having some dental work done the week before th...
Hey. It's been a tough couple days. I've been able to work for several hours remotely but then the pain I've been having just puts me down. They tell me that as the glycogen leaves your muscles, it takes water with it. Your muscles and nerves don't like that so some people get deep muscle pain. I've had it mostly in the back of my legs, kidney area, and hips. It's pretty miserable. I also have a chronic pain between my shoulder blades that I'm convinced is my posture, lack of muscle tone, and looking at a computer screen and phone too much. I'm working on that but it's been worse than normal. They have a broth that can help so I've been sipping on it a couple times a day. They essentially just boil their veggie scraps in water, strain it, and there you have it. It tastes and looks pretty yucky but it is comforting to drink something warm and to have some taste besides water water water. They say it has electrolytes in it; I got so dehydrated la...
Comments
Post a Comment